Medicare Preventive Services
It can be confusing trying to understand what Medicare preventive services will covered and what will not!
However, there is no confusion when it comes to Preventive Services because Medicare covers that!
If you are unsure what Preventative Services are covered, you can click here.
As a Senior Benefit Services value added service, you can always contact us to help with any coverage questions.
The One Thing That is Not Covered Will Shock You
Believe it or not, but a yearly physical is not covered by Medicare. While you do get a Welcome To Medicare physical, this is only covered once.
How To Still Get Your Health Check-Up Each Year
The Annual Wellness Visit is an appointment with your primary care provider, during which they will update your prevention plan. The purpose of the appointment, after all, is to help you prevent sickness based on your health status and any risk factors you may have. While it is not quite as in-depth as a full physical it does provide the following:
- Routine measurements
- Height, weight, and blood pressure check
- Health risk assessment consisting of questions about your healthcare status, needs, and risks
- Review of medical history and family medical history
- Review your list of current medications
- Assessment of your functional ability and mobility. This will help determine if you are able to handle your tasks of daily living like eating, bathing, transferring, and dressing
- Screenings for hearing issues, dementia, and depression
Keep in mind that the Annual Wellness visit is covered 100% by Medicare and can only be conducted every 12 months.
You can also get a free Medicare Supplement quote by clicking the compare plans button below.